Our kids just turned 1 and 3! I feel like we are feeding a zoo. Every time I turn around Austin is telling me "my belly hungry" and Charlotte is climbing up her high chair. Our favorite snacks are smoothies and home made popsicles but there impossible to bring when we are on the go.
I have had to keep snacks on hand for the past 3 years. I love my Yum Box! It has every compartment labeled so I remember to balance nutrition! It is also fun for them to eat out of.
These are my all time favorite snacks!
1. Puffs- We love the organic Happy Baby brand. They are so easy to grab & go. My 1 year old can eat them independently, which makes them an easy car snack.
2. Apples- we do our best to keep apples around. Why? Because they take a toddler forever to eat! Talk about a snack that can hold his attention for at least 10 minutes. We also love oranges for this reason, he takes forever to peel them just right! Really any fruit is a good snack.
3. Veggie Straws- We are currently really loving veggie straws. Our favorites are by Happy Tot. They're crunchy, semi healthy and easy for on the go.
4. Cheese sticks- I get big bags of these at Costco. Only down side is you have to refrigerate them. But peeling is oh so fun!
5. Protein Balls- We love to make protein balls! You can find our latest recipe for pumpkin protein balls on the blog.
6. Boiled eggs- Fun for a toddler to peel and easy for a baby to eat. Mom loves these for a quick snack too!
7. Zbars by cliff bars- These are Austin's favorite but we have to go easy on them and portion them. He would eat 3 in one sitting if I let him!
8. Fruit & veggies strips- We love Veggie- Go's. I’m tempted to make my own!! Let me know if you have a good recipe.
9. Pouches- Let’s talk about pouches. Austin has phased out of loving them and Charlotte sorta likes them. I keep them on hand as a quick grab but I try not to over do it. We have tried to make our own but they just aren't the same. If you’re willing to give it a try we loved the Squooshi reusable pouches.
10. Cereal- easy for both kids but healthiest? Probably not.
11. Deli meat & Cheese- We make little roll ups!
12. Crackers- So easy to throw in and there are so many healthy options/brands. I try to stay away from prepackaged bags but they sure do make life a whole lot easier.
What's your favorite on the go snack? I think my next venture is to do completely unpackaged snacks and try to steer away from convenient packaging. I love the thought of reusable sandwich bags and bees wax paper